This is the most ridiculous string of coincidences I have ever encountered.
Back in April, my best friend’s dad called me up to tell me that a friend of theirs from church was thinking of transferring to my school and wanted to know if I could show her around. I was all too happy to oblige, and as fate would have it, we hit it off really well and decided to room together in the fall.
Since then, we have discovered that we have the following things in common:
- We have the same last name
- Both our fathers are chief executives at Christian organizations
- We each have four siblings
- We are both natural blondes who dyed our hair dark
- We’re both journalism majors (although different emphases)
- We both ski
- For six years, we lived on the same street about 10 houses away from each other
- After those six years, my family moved to the street that she had lived on before moving to the street where we lived at the same time
- We both have houses up in the mountains that are less than a quarter mile away from each other
Mark’s response was, “I swear one day you guys are going to discover that you lived in the same house for several years and just somehow never knew it.”
At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised.