I’ve been amusing myself for the last several minutes by clicking on “random post” under the “blog info” tab, which provided me with a tour of old posts. One of those old posts was written in March of last year about changes I wanted to make in my daily habits. Those resolutions included…
“I will not procrastinate on homework.
I will either jog or do some kind of exercises for half an hour a day.
In addition to my regular reading before I go to bed, I’ll read a chapter of Psalms every morning.
I will minimize my junk food consumption.
I will eat healthier in general.
I will continue my one-hour-per-week-weekends-only rule on Facebook.
I will go to bed by 12:30am during the week.
I will read at least one chapter from C.S. Lewis per week.
I will, at least, scan the headlines of 3 major news sources every day.”
I think I might have succeeded in adhering to those for one week, even though I also decorated the wall on my side of the room with sticky notes reminding me of those things.
I think it’s time to give those another try — with some amendments, though. This semester, I will:
- Read Charles Spurgeon’s Morning and Evening faithfully
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep every night unless homework (not procrastination) prevents me from doing so
- Give myself an hour every day between waking up and having to be somewhere, rather than sleeping until the very last possible second.
- Remember to go to chapel earlier than halfway through the semester
- Work out at least three times per week.
- Not procrastinate
- Limit myself to one hour on the internet per day for things that aren’t school-related, no more than 10 minutes of which may be spent prior to doing homework.
- Read at least one chapter of something by C.S. Lewis or any other non-school reading every week
- Do better with keeping up on current events
- Learn to play my ukulele
- Write more — especially songwriting or even trying to take up fiction again
It’s a long list… but I really have no excuse for letting any of them slide. Here’s hoping attempt number two is more successful than the last one!