I’m ridiculously stressed out and stretched thin at the moment. Sometimes when I’m in this situation (which I am more often than not), God gives me the slightest, smallest reminders of His goodness, which tend to make a huge difference in my general outlook on life.
Things I’m blessed by right now:
- Beautiful choral music (am I obsessed? Yes, very.).
- T.S. Eliot’s “Four Quartets” — even though I don’t have the slightest idea what he means or what those poems are about, there’s something thrillingly beautiful about the way he puts words together. Reading these was the only time poetry has literally made my jaw drop.
- Corn-on-the-cob in the caf.
- People who are willing to open up to me on a sensitive topic in order to help me with my senior thesis.
- The armchair tucked away behind the bookshelves in the library that I’m currently sitting in.
- Warm weather, especially when I have to walk across campus at midnight.
- Freshmen who write beautiful, thought-provoking blogs or who ask about my life with genuine interest, both of which keep me humble and thankful.
- Robynne Peterson, who knows all the reasons why I’m thankful for her that would require a whole new blog post.
- A boyfriend who is gracious and understanding when I’m so busy I can’t spend much time with him, and when I do see him, helps me think about storytelling and meaningful characters.
- A roommate who makes me laugh and has deep conversations with me and lets me borrow her clothes.